The Auxiliary of Nexus
The mission of The Auxiliary of Nexus is to support and promote the interests of Nexus Recovery Center, Inc. This mission is accomplished using the following methods.
- By building a strong and active membership
- By stimulating public awareness
- By helping in the financial support of Nexus’ services and projects
Members of the Auxiliary make our community a better place by putting in countless volunteer hours each year, planning and implementing special events to raise money for Nexus.
Since its founding in 1996, the Auxiliary of Nexus has made a difference for women and children seeking recovery – and has managed to have a lot of fun along the way! The Auxiliary has raised funds for myriad worthwhile programs, including:
- Aftercare program to maintain supportive ties with Nexus graduates
- Client Care Fund to allow for extended treatment stays
- Vans for client transportation
- Agency Medical Director, psychiatric fellow, and detox nurse
- New teen dormitory
- Smoking cessation program
- Research building
- Hallway and reception renovation